Learning how to apply LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% is simple, and like any routine, is most successful when consistent and precise. You will notice gradual results after following the basic guidelines (after about 4 weeks). We recommend taking a “before” picture before you begin the treatment and continue taking pictures every 4 weeks so that you may chart and appreciate your progress.
Here is a quick review of the steps on how to use LATISSE®:
Before Applying: Before you use LATISSE® each night, ensure that your face make-up free, clean,
that you are not wearing contact lenses and all nightly facial products have already been applied.
Prepare the Applicator: Remove a sterile applicator from the tray, and holding the applicator horizontally,
place one drop of LATISSE® closest to the tip – but not on the tip.
Apply to skin, using Applicator: Immediately, trace the applicator carefully along the skin at the base of the upper eyelashes (where the skin meets the lashes) going
from the inner part of the lash to the outer. DO NOT APPLY in your eye, or on the lower lid as excess growth in this area may occur.
Blot Excess: Remove any excess serum beyond the treatment areas with a tissue.
Dispose of Applicator: This applicator is single-use only. Dispose of after use. Repeat for opposite eyelid, using a
new sterile applicator to minimize any potential for contamination from one eyelid to the other.
Some Essential Do’s and Don’ts in using LATISSE®
- Do not apply to in the eye, or the lower lid.
- Do blot excess solution with a tissue
- Use ONLY the applicators provided with LATISSE® to apply the product.
- Do not allow the applicator or the bottle tip to touch any unintended surface as bacteria may contaminate the solution and possibly cause infection.
- Do remove contact lenses before applying LATISSE®. Re-insert contact lenses 15 minutes afterwards.
- Remember: eyelashes will eventually return to their previous appearance gradually after you stop using LATISSE®.